Turns out, this has been a year of surprising myself.
I chose one little word, and eleven more, a sentence, for 2011:
I chose to hope, dare, live, smile, dream, love, create, appreciate, listen, leap and enjoy.
- Decided to take each day for what it is. A new day.
- In the midst of business, it felt so lovely to notice, to appreciate, and not walk past small gems (like poppies by the tracks).
- Thought about my being a writer, and ended up wondering if people living with writers understood them? I cam to the conclusion that they almost never do, but I will keep writing anyway. It has to be important to me, not other people.
- Defined courage as rushing into oncoming traffic, on all Life’s stages, on a daily basis.
- Started sharing two of my passions, writing and traveling, through articles about the places I’ve seen on Milliver’s Travels where I’ve joined the staff since July.
- Raveled in the beauty (its way of showing love) nature provides and enjoyed walks.
- Gave my best to just being myself and checked in with my soul. Talked about why I write, how I started and what writing looks like to me. Pushed myself out of my comfort zone.
-Realized that I wasn’t afraid to be by myself back when five adults managed to lose me, between lost and found, four years old, in a shopping center full of strangers.
This has led me to realize that there’s no reason in the world why it shouldn’t be like that today.
- Managed to clear some clutter and clear my mind during the process.
- Found it interesting how, while CDs can’t record anything else besides computer data – they can bring up millions of memories the Heart records so well!
- While finding the right spot for one of my plants, I thought of how much I want to grow roots somewhere, even if I’m not yet entirely sure where the perfect spot for me is.
And as much as I wanted to, I haven’t really kept in mind that sometimes, when it’s least expected, it works the other way around too. However, something wonderful happened. Words, characters, books, songs, places, objects, people, feelings, dreams, happenings… Life – chose me.
There has been tons of surprises throughout 2011. As I mentioned it above, I’ve surprised myself. And it has also been a year of growth. A friend brought this to my attention last week and although I’ve noticed it myself, looking back it’s more prominent.
I’m not the same person I was seven years ago. I’m not the same person I was at the beginning of 2011. And I’m not the same as yesterday.
I liked it right there, right then. But I most definitely like it right here, right now!
Here’s to a 2012 as filled with surprises, change and growth as last year was!