I had my eye on this recipe ever since it was posted. I couldn’t wait for everything to be in season here and make it. So today, I am reblogging. Because it was amazing!
Melon and Chicken Salad
- 1 honeydew melon
- 6 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups chopped celery (I left this out cause I don’t like celery)
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts (left this out cause there aren’t any in Romania. Or at least I couldn’t find them)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut melon in half, and remove seeds. With a melon baller, scoop out melon balls; place in a large salad bowl.
- Add chicken, celery, and grapes to melon. Add water chestnuts if desired.
- In a small bowl, mix together, sour cream, yogurt, and curry powder. Gently stir into salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.