Because I like a nice challenge. Because J’s awesome. Because I’m slightly a wonk in this department and enjoy homework assignments. And comparing notes ;)
J invited us to join her and give ourselves permission, every day, at least once. So last week, I gave myself permission to:
- Be vulnerable – On Monday I somehow got an extra day off to relax a bit. It gave me the chance to finally stop procrastinating and I wrote myself a love letter.
- Sleep in – I had the alarm set for 9 AM on Tuesday morning. It woke me up. I decided to turn it off and wake up when ever.
- Take the long way – I arrived for tutoring 20 minutes early on Wednesday and instead of walking inside to torture the poor kid longer than I was supposed to, I kept on going and walked around the block. I got to take some pretty pictures and also captured some graffiti love on film.
- Cry – Sometimes (for me specifically on Thursday) you just need to allow yourself a good cry…
- Put things off – Friday evening found me exhausted. I still had emails to answer, things to write up, take care of, organize, etc., but I somehow managed to make myself stay away from it all and tackle it the next day.
- Don’t care – I got the new HeyHiHello album on Saturday. Listened to it all afternoon. I decided not to care if neighbors could heard me or not and sang along even in the yard as I hang the laundry to air dry.
- Be a child – I found “The Flintstones” online. I loved it so much as a child. So guess what I watched Sunday night, ignoring everything else I needed to get done? ;)
How about you? What did you give yourself permission to do?