I haven’t officially signed up for WordPress’ PostAWeek or PostADay, but have The DailyPost in my Google Reader for inspiration. I jotted down quite a few ideas over the past months for future blog posts.
Today, I’ll use the following: Make a list of 5 things you’re afraid to write about.
Now, it’s not really that I’m afraid per se to write about these topics. I don’t really have an issue with discussing them in person with someone.
Quite frankly, it’s just easier for me not to write about:
- Religion – We used to go to church every single Sunday for years, until I turned 17-18 and found how even a man of God can be characterized by malice. “broken from the weight of too many endings”, I’ve been struggling with redefining religion. Judy Clement Wall’s poem was the exact thing I needed to read.
- Politics, economy, world “news” – This world is quite big. I figure I have enough on my own plate to start blogging about these things.
- Sex – Even if at times some of my poetry could be considered sexy.
- Poop, periods and other similar topics
- Conspiracy theories – ‘nuff said already.
How about you? Any topics you feel better avoiding?