One of the kids I’m tutoring got this as his homework the other day, to list ten mysteries of Life. Let me tell you, we had to do some thinking – especially as he was sort of missing the point of what a mystery is.
It got me thinking for a few days after that though, and here’s the result, a list of mysteries which puzzle me sometimes.
- Why there is no real answer to the question “Why?” – I’m sure you’ve also noticed that once asked, it can go on forever.
- How Love, Friendship, Hatred, and etc., in one word Life, really “works” – while the rules keep changing, minute by minute.
- What time is – I’d dare you to fully explain it to me in less than 100 words and omitting the use of the term “time”.
- How something can be so “right” and so “wrong” at the same time.
- If there ever will be such a thing as something truly “unconditional” – in the back of our mind, at least unconsciously, I think there’s always a slight glimmer of condition behind our actions and feelings.
Let me know in the comments below: what puzzles you? What mysteries do you sometimes end up thinking about?