2017, April 14
Life can be overwhelming sometimes and we all have days when we feel like we’re about to lose it, and while it’s necessary to work through all the hurdles in our lives, it’s also important to recognize that we need a mental breather, and step away from situations to find some clarity.
- Today I dared to confront a friend.
- Today I took a risk in writing a letter to an old friend.
- Today I said goodbye to my vacation plans.
- Today I challenged myself to run 6km! I made it to 7,4 km!
- Today I did the hardest thing for me when I didn’t bring up what I truly wanted to talk about with my mom.
- Today I did something worth doing: ran in a charity cross event!
- Today I traveled to a friend’s funeral.
- Today I was bold when I asked for what I needed.
- Today I loved you in the only way I can right now.
- Today I resisted fear by following the lead of my boyfriend.
- Today I took a leap when I offered a different solution to an older, recurring issue.
- Today I had the courage to sign up for a photography class.
- Today I said yes to dates instead of chocolate.
- I asked for help from colleagues when I got stuck.
- Today I stopped doing the dishes to cuddle with the cat for a while.
- Today I let go of the idea that I can’t have fun alone.
- Today I got rid of half my wardrobe.
- Today I acknowledged that I am enough, just as I am today.
- Today I showed courage when I went ice skating alone.
- Today I surrendered to depression.
- Today I took a chance on myself.
They’re not all positive, just like Life doesn’t stop if we’re feeling low. But I enjoyed coming back to this blog posts’s draft for over two years, until I ended the sentences above.
Below, or if you click ‘continue reading’, you’ll find the list if you want to copy it for yourself and fill it out.
read more »
2009, April 26
How come every single time things seem to be going right for a change, everything turns out to be just one more of my Life’s really bad and plain old stupid jokes? A dream I had for a long time now has shattered to tiny tiny peaces yesterday and… There is no way to change it, no good outcomes I can see now, no resolving, no fixing it…
And the worse part is that I still feel like it’s my fault for getting my hopes up and believing something could’ve worked out for a change… I’m sick and tired of everything damn it!
2009, April 1
When is my recent period of feeling unsettled and especially insecure coming to an end already? When will I be able to look forward, to feel more content than I have been in a long time?
I’m not feeling mighty fine about our new situation, though it might not really seem all that new right now, mostly because it’s going on since August last year…
Is it working out for the best, might I have the chance to tell someone "I told you so." when all this is over?
We’re right on the verge of a new beginning in our relationship.
I often think about what I/He’d like to change, and what I/He’d like to keep as is. If I could make anything happen, what would it be? And… would it help in any way?
I don’t feel like rushing ahead, and I can’t seem to slow down and savor the day either… especially because of some people who’s life goal is tearing me down, and to do everything in their power to achieve it…
I absolutely know: it’s the small moments with my loved one, not just the big events, which make our relationship what it is…
But… Is our relationship just what we need it to be?
I wish I could change the past or… at least that it was last Christmas again…